Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sometimes the photo says it.

Yom chamishi, 11 Cheshvan 5770, Rachel Imeinu's yahrzeit.


Man ought not fantasize about resting peacefully overlong.  
Life has a tendency to keep growing right over him.

Think I'll get back to work now...

I'm a bit late about it -- but good reading stays good reading, no matter when we hear of it.  Haveil Havalim #240: The Aliyah Edition, is up over at Yisroel's Aretzeinu, which happens to be a very good blog. 


And in honor of Rachel Imeinu's yahrzeit, here is one of my favorite songs by Udi Davidi:


6 comments:

Shalomis said...

For those of us who are not up to speed on our Hebrew...please translate the song lyrics!

rutimizrachi said...

Shalomis: Hmmmmm... If none of my more Hebrew-proficient readers beats me to it, I will consider it a homework assignment. I've been meaning to get around to this for a long time. In general, it has to do with the return to the Land of her children drying the tears in the eyes of Rachel Imeinu. But it will be good for me; so for you, Tante Shalomis, I'll do it!

rutimizrachi said...

BTW, Shalomis, Udi could use some company on this post for another tribute to Rachel Imeinu. Do you happen to know a band that has another tune in her honor that they would want posted here? Hmmmmm???

Miriam said...

Hi Ruti
Nice new look. Easy to read......Keep your e-mail notices coming.

Shabbat Shalom
Miriam

http://miriamswords.blogspot.com

Sheyna Ariel said...

Hi Ema!
So I am still gwtting used to the new look of your blog, but Yasher Koach on changing it.
As for your little conversation with Tante Shalomis, I found an english version of Mama Rochel by Yaakov Shweckey. I hope this helps!
Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach!

Sheyna Ariel said...

Hi Ema, here is a link to Mama Rochel by Yaakov Shweckey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYtKqst5Tqg
Shabbat Shalom, I miss you alot!!!