Monday, October 19, 2009

Haya li kelev shachor katan.

Yom sheni, 1 Cheshvan 5770, Rosh Chodesh.


I haven't felt much like writing lately.

But a few observations, now that I do.

In Baltimore, a series of hot mornings like this would cause me to say, "I sure hope we get rain soon, so that the chance for fires is diminished."

In Israel, these past several rainless days and higher-than-usual temperatures have caused me to say, "I sure hope G-d isn't really, really mad at us and planning to withhold the desperately needed rains, leading to drought and famine, chas v'shalom."

It is easier to see here how much everything matters.

#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%

Haveil Havalim: The Post-Chagim Edition, is up at Ima's place.  Enjoy some of the excellent and varied writing that the J-Blogosphere has to offer.

#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%

 Reasons to get up in the morning:



Chodesh tov!

4 comments:

Shalomis said...

"Last night I had the most amazing dream. I dreamed I saw the Satan all in white. He wore an old Havana suit with a big white hat to boot, but it looked like he had slept in it all night. He pulled out every trick and trap to confuse me. He said 'Come on now, I think it's time you choose me. And if I were you I would not dare refuse me.' I just stood still and with all my will I called Your Name. I cried Hashem, Hashem, Hashem. I said Ribono, Ribono, Ribono Shel Olam. And I said I know which side I'm on...and I know that I know that Hashem is real, Hashem is true, Hashem's with me, Hashem's with you...and I stand with G-d!"
Keep standing up, dear one. Hashem is with you. He will not forsake you. Do not be afraid for it is Hashem your G-d Who goes with you!
Love,
Shalomis

rutimizrachi said...

Shalomis: Wow, Girl! Do YOU know how to give chizuk!

Your Havana suit with Panama hat version of the Satan, replete with cocky attitude, reminds me that I wish you'd seen the Raise Your Spirits production of "In Search of Courage," or "Esther." The character of Haman was played by a very talented young woman just exactly as you described the Satan. Very effective Amalekesque image.

westbankmama said...

We don't have fall leaves, but we do have chamsin! This is a natural part of the transition from one season to the next (it happens in the spring too). G-d willing we should get some cooler weather and some rain (I bought a dryer last week, so I've done my part - I call it my segula...)

rickismom said...

Lovely pictures!