Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What is in a name, anyway?

Yom revi'i, 27 Elul 5769.


Recently, a friend and writing mentor publicly announced subtly pointed out that the name of this blog is a bit hard to say, and even harder to remember.  Both of these things are true.  He said people shouldn't have to read the fine print to know what one's name means.  He also suggested that more people might read the darn thing if it had an easy and catchy name.

I have to admit that I wish I'd come up with one of those great names in the blogosphere, like Ima On and Off the Bima, The Elder of Ziyon, or West Bank Mama.

Never one to weep openly reject helpful criticism out of hand (and especially just before Rosh Hashana!), I have decided to poll my readers, to see if Change is Good.  (I love when I sound Presidential!)

So here are the options.  Please help me out by voting.  Feel free to just designate your response by letter(s) of the alphabet -- but elaboration will be funnier, and therefore more amusing to me.

A.  Leave it the way it is, Ruti.  No one Googles it, anyway.  We just wait for the email.

B.  Change it to English.  "Because we surely can!"

C.  "Because we surely can!" sounds TOO Presidential.      

D.  Call it "RutiMizrachi."  That's all I can remember, anyway.

E.  Call it "RutiMizrahi," to be linguistically accurate.  (That one is for Ben-Yehudah.)

F.  Try this idea instead.  I made it up; so I like it better! 
___________________________
(fill in the blank with your suggestion)

G.  Awww...  stop being paranoid, Ruti!  He wasn't even referring to your blog.  He was talking about Esser Agaroth, Hirhurim, The Mookata Muquata Muqata, and Treppenwitz!


Thanks, gang!  We aim to please!  (Our aim may be a bit off...)
Post a Comment