Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shana Tova!

Yom chamishi, 28 Elul 5769.


While we are busy cleaning and shopping and cooking, there is some other work to be done.  I don't know about you -- but I keep waking up in the middle of the night with the guilty feeling that I am not really getting anywhere spiritually.  Maybe it was glancing at last year's list of midot I was so determined to change...  and seeing that I could pretty much make the same list again this year.

(Sigh.)

The guys at aish.com are getting better and better at making short films that get to the heart of the matter.  Please enjoy this one.  Let it help you to get closer and higher in that climb we each are trying to make toward a perfect relationship with our Creator.

May you be inscribed and sealed for Good!  May we share the imminent Geula.  (Let's see now...  where did I put that tamborine?



Hat tip to Elka.  Thanks, dear friend.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, I like your tambourine! Mine is colorful, with a picture of Jerusalem on it. Nice! :)

Kesiva veChasima Tova!

Chava Levin said...

Mine's on a peg above the front door. Easiest to remember, and convenient for grabbing on the way out the door to greet the Mashiach.

Shana tova, Sis!

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
Great minds think alike... I just sent that Aish video as my RH e-card to my Less Affiliated family and friends.

May HaShem bless you and your beautiful family (I saw Josh at Yaakov Yisroel's Bar Mitzvah-- he was a fine family shaliach) be blessed with a healthy, happy, safe, peaceful and prosperous new year.

Kativa V'Chasima Tova,

Judy

OneTiredEma said...

Never mind teshuva, I have barely processed what's happened in my life in the past six months. Maybe one day I'll stop running around like a crazy person and sit still with my thoughts a little. I'd say over the weekend, but I'll be trying to keep the kids from killing each other at home or disturbing the peace at shul :)

Shana tova!