Friday, November 7, 2008

Come for Yourself

Yom shishi, 9 Cheshvan 5769.

There is a saying that if you are very happy in a place in Eretz Yisrael, it is because Avraham Avinu met your neshama in this place when he walked the Land.

Hashem said to Abram, "Go for yourself from your land, from your relatives, and from your father's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation; I will bless you, and make your name great, and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who curses you I will curse; and all the families of the earth shall bless themselves by you."

Come for yourself. Come for the world.

(Translation of verse from "Lech Lecha" from The Stone Edition of the Chumash)

2 comments:

The Blogging Safta said...

Ruti, we live in Netivot,one of the places where Avraham Avinu lived. Of all the places where we have lived in Israel, we are the happiest here. I guess the saying is true. Avraham Avinu must of met our neshama's in Netivot.
Shabbat Shalom
Miriam

rutimizrachi said...

I am so happy you found your makom, Miriam! May it be for all of us!