Friday, December 12, 2008

The first step: stop and think.

Yom shishi, 15 Kislev 5769.

Politics usually is not my arena. To paraphrase Dirty Harry, "a girl's gotta know her limitations."

I am now one of The 18.

To quote Joseph Goebbels (yemach shemo): “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Too many people are believing the lie. The upcoming Administration didn't create this problem. But it will have a lot of power in one place to affect change.  We can't ignore mistaken concepts, when there is actually enough power behind them to implement them. There is nothing wrong with beginning to address the lie now -- unless it's already too late.

I'm only asking you to think.  For my sake.  For my kids' sakes.  For your own sake.

5 comments:

Schvach said...

Kol HaKavod Ruti! Had the Arabs wanted peace, we would have had it 60 years ago.

The Blogging Safta said...

Ruti the video is powerful. I am also going to join. Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

no apologies for "politics": this is first & foremost about our holy Torah & our holy security for the sake of our lives and our Land.
Yud Tes Kislev & Hanuka Samaych!
Shalom,
Menachem Kovacs

Shalomis said...

Thanks for passing this on, Ruti. I've emailed them. Hashem is stacking the deck against us. Our history clearly shows that He loves impossible odds. They make for greater miracles to sanctify His name in the world. We know how this story will ultimately end. The greatest of all possible endings/beginnings. May we each do our part to serve HaKadosh Baruch Hu and His people with all our heart, soul and resources.
Love,
Shalomis

P.S. The Pomegranate phone from your recent "coffee" post is a HOOT. I believe it's a leg-puller. Went on the site and discovered that besides being a coffee brewer,the phone is also a harmonica, shaver, universal translater, digital movie projector, GPS, camera, MP3 player, etc. etc. It's amazing! Somebody had fun with this one. Maybe one day it'll be for real, but I highly doubt that it's the genuine article. Check it out for yourself at www.pomegranatephone.com

rutimizrachi said...

Shvach: That is my thought also. Certainly, there should be more voices among their people clamoring for peace. Then it would be easier to believe that they disagree with their "radical" brothers.

Miriam: Thanks for the compliment, and for joining.

Menachem: You are right. My "apology" is not including politics, for you are right. This is about Torah and our Holy Land. I am merely cognizant of my limitations as a political commentator.

Shalomis: Your take is an interesting one, regarding Hashem's motives. I do agree very strongly with your bracha. Amen! Regarding your note on the even more extraordinary features of the PomegranatePhone -- Hoo, BABY! I gotta get me one o'those!