Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More Reasons to Live in Eretz Yisrael

Yom revi'i, 7 Cheshvan 5769.
(To my Israeli readers:  Don't forget to add "tal u'matar" today!)





Many of our holy sites, accessible and surrounded by great beauty...

Kedusha, out in the open, seemingly everywhere...

A vending machine in Jerusalem's Central Bus Station for a little "light learning" on the trip...





It's okay to say Tehillim on the bus.






 
Throughout the year, preparations for our holy days are evident everywhere...

Where else does the head come with the gefilte fish for the Rosh Hashanah simanim, for example?

In a country that puts family first, it's not unusual for the kids to help out in the store at a surprisingly young age.
  
Where else do we Jews have our own army?
There are holy Jews all over this Land...

 
And Hashem Himself seems to come down to do the gardening.

Hashem made a beautiful world.  But I can't imagine a better place fully to live as a Jew than this amazing Land He gave to us.  May He grant that we should be permitted to weather the political storms, and to keep this precious inheritance.  And may He bring all of our dear, holy sisters and brothers Home soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words and pictures say it all. May this blog help bring an end to this, the longest exile. Thanks for sharing your light to the world. Who is that handsome orange guy in the garden, hmmmm? Keep writing and sharing your feelings about our holy land and home.

elana said...

beautiful, ruti. gorgeous pictures.
how lucky are WE??! B"H!

ShoshanaMama said...

ruthie
This is absolutely one of the most inspriring blogs I have ever seen. Yasher Koach. It makes me want to join you right this moment. See you soon I have . Will be coming to Israel from Dec 10 Jan9 with Aaron and Dovid from Dec 10-Jan1. Love to your mishpocha.
Shoshana Shamberg, Baltimore

Baila said...

How about this one: Today I was shopping in a local supermarket when I noticed everyone eating yogurt. Sure enough, they were giving out freebies in the store. I remember in the US when they gave out freebie food I couldn't eat it because it usually wasn't kosher, but over here I could indulge! To bad I hate yogurt.

SuperRaizy said...

What gorgeous pictures. Makes my heart ache to join you there.

Shorty said...

I am inspired!!

Schvach said...

Amen. I love the photo of the vending machine that dispenses s'forim.